What do we expect from you?
Responsibilities include install, support and assist in the design of storage, backup, and hyper-converged server solutions provided by Proximus SpearIT. Other responsibilities include troubleshooting and resolving customer escalated issues involving data retention systems, traditional and flash storage, Fibre-Channel & SAN networking, hyper-converged server infrastructures, and multi-vendor hypervisor interactions with storage and server facilities in a SpearIT deployed or supported network.
- Work with project pre-sale and delivery teams to plan, design, deploy, and document Dell EMC storage, backup, and hyper-converged server solutions into customer networks.
- Demonstrated planning, designing, and deploying competencies with Dell EMC Hyper-Converged VxRail, VxRack, Vblock/VxBlock.
- Demonstrated planning, designing, and deploying competencies with Dell EMC DataDomain, Avamar, Networker and RecoverPoint disaster recovery solutions is a plus
- Demonstrated competency with VMware ESXi and vSphere v4, 5, & 6+.
- Configures and implements a suite of VMware virtualization technologies and concepts.
- Develop and implement tactical and strategic plans for VMware environment
- Performing the installation, configuration and maintenance of the VMware virtual infrastructure, including, but not limited to, vCenter Server
- Providing configuration management and security compliance for the virtual infrastructure software and hardware
- Performing advanced troubleshooting and root cause analysis to expedite incident resolution.
- Analyzing and troubleshooting VMware vSphere physical hardware and virtual machine performance
- Design and implement convergent technologies such as VMware VSAN
- Design and implement Virtual Desktop Infrastructure modules and tools such as VMWare Horizon View, Application Virtualization, and Stateless VDI
- Essential understanding of Microsoft Hyper-V and KVM is a plus.
- Demonstrated hybrid cloud implementations (Azure/AWS) is a plus
The ideal candidate can address all of the previously mentioned technologies, speak to them professionally, plan for and implement these solutions, document to SpearIT’s standards the finalized deployments, and hand-off to the customer in collaboration with the Cerium Project Team. .
- Minimum 5 years of Dell EMC solution implementation and experience preferred
- Dell EMC EMCISA, Cisco CCNA R/S preferred
- Dell EMC EMCIE, EMCDPM, preferred
- Veeam experienced preferred
- VMware VCP-DCV preferred
- Storage array, SAN network and data-center systems trouble shooting experience
- Excellent analytical ability and communications skills
- Interpersonal relationship skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Time-management skills
- Customer service skills and experience
- Strong organization abilities
Your working Place