What do we expect from you?
You will be part of the NTX Consortium Team in charge of operating the European Commission’s Network Managed Services under the NMSIII framework contract.
The NMS III Infrastructure consists of:
- The LAN in the Commission’s buildings (approximately 80 buildings spread over Brussels, Luxembourg)
- The connections between these buildings as WAN (MPLS technology)
- Wifi Hotspots spread over the Commission's buildings
- Data Centre network services
Network Security and Network Application Infrastructure
- The security perimeter consists in a multi-layer infrastructure of firewalls of different vendors.
- The incoming and outgoing accesses with the external world pass through dedicated appliances working as proxies and reverse proxies.
- DNS infrastructure and authentication servers are part of our domain of competences.
Telephony and Videoconferencing Infrastructure
- Only Non-end-user devices and specific end-user devices and interact to the classic telephony service
- Large video studio, video conferencing room and personal video systems
Network Intervention Services:
- On-site intervention services including the technical room management
- Storehouse and spare services
- Definition and maintenance of processes including the associated tooling, metrics and KPIs
- Reporting of metrics and KPIs
- Definition and maintenance of underlying infrastructures including the filesystems and the central computer platforms
- Maintaining and develop automation tooling to ease use and increase reliability of the service
Test and lab Infrzastructure:
- Assist in defining test programs for design projects
- Assist in automating test programs as regression testing and fault testing and allow for faster validation of design changes
A team of 60 people is working permanently on-site (Luxembourg and Brussel).
- Develop, implement and manage complex processes within the NMS III organisation in accordance with the Service Management Model based on ITIL V3 or DevOps best practices
- Proactive supporting staff in everyday operations from the perspective of process management and improvement to deliver service of high quality
- Constantly reviewing procedures and application of them to achieve higher levels of maturity
- Perform or assist in performing process audits
- Identify and drive process improvements
- Measure and report on process performance
- Develop, Manage and monitor annual workplan in the domain of service management processes
- Write specifications for the development of the process supporting tools
- Education : BAC + 5 or more is an asset
- At least 5 years of experience in ITIL V3 process design and implementation
- Preferably ITIL V3 or more certified
- Fluent in French and English is a requirement
- Good knowledge of one or several IT domains
- Solid documentation skills
- Strong organisational and analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Working knowledge, written and spoken, of English required. French desirable.
Location and Timing issues:
- Provision of the above mentioned services basically in Luxembourg or Brussels, with a possibility to work in other site about 1 day per month.
- Project Business hours: 7H-19H => being able to regularly start between 8AM and 9AM