What do we expect from you?
- As a Cloud system engineer, you are responsible for the engineering, integration and maintenance of the cloud platform. This can be on AWS, Azure as well as on our on prem cloud native platform. The focus is on technology/infrastructure services, not the usage and development methodologies that use the cloud platform. The latter is handled by software engineering teams with which you will be working closely.
- You assist in feasibility studies to take on new technological services or improvements, and help design the services with focus on security, maintainability, flexibility and efficiency.
- You work together with architects and analysts to come to a proper final design, product owners and scrum masters to govern the exercise and its allocated resources, and software engineering to ensure effective positioning and service offerings.
- Once the design is made and approved, you ensure that the services are correctly deployed and maintained across the various quality environments, and that this maintenance and support can be done by other members of the DevOps team.
- To accomplish this, you develop the right set of documentation (user, administration and internal / expert documentation) and ensure handover and information sessions to colleagues as well as core stakeholders.
- Essential to the engineering task is the integration of the platform in the enterprise context. As such, you will come in contact with all other infrastructural services and components, many proprietary and centrally managed (through other teams or service centers). We want to support our stakeholders in providing new business capabilities with a short time to market. To achieve this you will work in a DevOps and Agile/SAFe way of working. By joining us you have a unique chance to be a frontrunner and lay the foundation of modern and the future proof development and hosting of applications.
Knowledge of, or engineering experience with following technologies is required:
• Cloud Native application design
• Docker / Kubernetes / OpenShift
• AWS: portal, CLI/API, EC2, VPC, IAM, EKS, ECR, (Config, Inspector, Lambda)
• Operating Systems: Linux
• Scripting: Python, Golang
• Infrastructure-as-code (IaC) Tools & Principles: Terraform, Ansible, Helm, CloudFormation
• CICD Tools: Jenkins / Groovy, AWS Code* Services, (ArgoCD)
• ALM suite: Git(bitbucket), Jira, Confluence
Knowledge of, or engineering experience with some of the following technologies is a plus. If not, we rely on your eagerness to learn this with the help of your colleagues or education material :
• Application Development: Java, SpringBoot, Flyway,
• Storage solutions (CEPH, S3, EFS, EBS…)
• Databases (PostgreSQL, MariaDB, SQL Server)
• Kibana / ElasticSearch / Fluentd Stack • Grafana / AlertManager / Prometheus Stack
• Azure: Cloud Portal, CLI, ARM templates, Azure DevOps • Scaled Agile Framework for Enterprises (SAFe)
• Centralized authentication (Active Directory/LDAP and Kerberos)
• Application Performance Management • Message Queues / Streaming Solutions (AMQ, SQS, SNS, Kinesis, Kafka)
Linguistic skills : Dutch (mandatory) + English
Location : Leuven