What do we expect from you?
Be-Mobile, headquartered in Ghent, pioneers in Smart Mobility Solutions on an international level. We
offer advanced solutions to measure and manage the traffic flows in order to put travelers, cities, road
authorities, parking operators and logistics companies all around the world in control of their mobility
To strengthen our team, Be-Mobile is looking for a mobility data scientist who is interested in working
in a cutting-edge, socially engaged environment.
Be-Mobile takes the lead when it comes to technological developments in Smart Mobility Solutions.
Mobility Lab is the brain of our organization, where all the research is centered and where innovation
begins. To expand and reinforce this team we are looking for a mobility data scientist who will have
- You work together with private and public partners to develop data-driven solutions for theirmobility challenges.
- You develop traffic algorithms, traffic prediction models, techniques for data fusion and geo ICT processes, which are prototyped in Python and translated into technical specs for our developers and business analysts.
- You provide statistical analyses of mobility data in support of ongoing projects; you prepare conclusions and proactively follow up on them.
- You contribute to innovative research projects by actively developing new insights and cooperating with knowledge institutes and research partners.
- You act as project manager for projects within your domain of expertise and work together with clients and internal stakeholders
The must-haves we are looking for are:
- You have a higher relevant degree (engineering, data-analytics, geography, technology) and strong analytical skills and curiosity.
- You are fond of analyzing big data and eager to use your creativity to come up with new opportunities. You have a good knowledge of the main statistical concepts and know how to apply them.
- You are able to collect and manipulate unstructured and structured data and you are proficient in Python. Experience with Elasticsearch, SQL, pipelines and machine learning is seen as a plus.
- You take ownership and value good communication with clients and colleagues to work out technical specs, ready for further development.
- You are able to keep track and overview over different projects and you are result-oriented.
- Fluent in Dutch and English.
The values that make a great mobility data scientist in our team are:
- Eye for detail during your analyses, but creative and open minded in your advice.
- Ability to harmonize working on high tech concepts/technologies with a can-do mentality and organizational culture.
- Taking ownership in your projects but also in the collaboration with your contacts.
- Willing to share knowledge and natural tendency towards continuous improvement.
If you recognize yourself in this role, we are happy to hear from you!
We provide a very interesting total remuneration package, flexible working hours, fun and healthy
team initiatives, which we will explain during the selection process.
As a fast growing company with strong international ambitions we invest in durable and interesting
careers. We aim for continuous development by mapping your professional growth on the
opportunities within Be-Mobile.
You’ll feel right at home if you prefer to work in an entrepreneurial environment where cutting edge
technology is used to service our international clients. Our competent, trustworthy and passionate
team is curious to get to know you! Are you as well?